Friday, May 25, 2012

New faces... get to [know]: Grant West & Frances Travis

It would only make sense that the week after we close out our blog series about getting to know our staff that we hire two fresh faces to our team, :)

We did not want them to go unrecognized, so we want to welcome and introduce Grant West, our new Office Manager, and Frances Travis our new Administrative Assistant!




We took a few minutes to this week to get to know these two for what life looks like outside of work!

Get to know... Grant West, Office Manager


Q:  Where did you grow up?

A:  I grew up in Fayetteville, AR


Q:  What does life look like outside of work?

A:  I live with my girlfriend, Suzanne, and her 3 yr. old daughter, Ruby.  We love to cook and eat interesting food together.  Suzanne is a pastry chef.  I enjoy teaching Ruby all the little wonders of the world, and I love her learning spirit.  I love to read, especially non-fiction, though I am currently engrossed in an endless fantasy novel.  I am a diehard basketball fanatic.  I play when I can and watch far too much NBA.  Recently, I also coached youth basketball in Fayetteville.  I love to laugh and joke and I always appreciate dry sarcasm and wit.  I love a good conversation over beer. 

Q:  What are you most proud of?
A:  I am most proud of things that I make or build.  Cooking a delicious meal that others enjoy always makes me feel good.  I’m proud of the garden Suzanne and I made.  I’m mostly just proud I get to enjoy my life with the close family and friends that I have. 
Q:  Where do you like to vacation?
A:  I like to visit the great cities of the world.  I have travelled in recent years to New York, Chicago, Hong Kong, Rome, Brussels, and Berlin.  Breaking from the norm, however, Iceland is currently the object of my future-vacation eyes. 
Q:  What are some random/silly facts about yourself?
A: 
- I often wear athletic shorts under my pants so that I can be ready to play basketball at a moment’s notice. 
- I am a dancing machine.
-  I suppose I could probably burp the “Star Spangled Banner” if I felt so inclined.
Q:  What is your life’s motto?
A:  "Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand."  Mark Twain
Get to know... Frances Travis, Administrative Assistant

Q:  Where did you grow up?

A:  Cleburne County, Arkansas, I was raised in a small town north of Heber Springs, Arkansas.  After high school I married a gentleman who lived in Heber Springs area and resided there for 12 years.


Q:  What does life look like outside of work?

A:  We are very active in our church.  We attend and work a lot of horse events.  We love the outdoors, fishing, riding horses, riding 4-wheelers, and yard work!

Q:  What are you most proud of?

A:  My relationship with God, my daughter, my husband, my family, and friends!

Q:  Where do you like to vacation?

A:  I love Gulf Shores, Alabama.  I love the ocean breeze and relaxation of the ocean itself.  I love how you can get lost in the sand and stars!

Q:  What are some silly or random facts about yourself?

A:  I love crafts.  I like to make it instead of buying it.  I can see a diamond in the rough, make a few changes to something old and create a new purpose for it.

Q:  What is your life's motto?

A:  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens Me" - Philippians 4:13

Always keep a smile on your face; you never know whose day you will change with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment