Tuesday, April 17, 2012

get to [know]:: Ron Palmer

This week we took a few minutes to get to know Ron Palmer.  Ron is a Commercial Realtor for Steve Fineberg and Associates, and long-time friend of Steve and Ida.  We appreciate all he does on our team!


Q:  Where are you from?

A:  I grew up in Chicago, Illinois and received both undergraduate and graduate degrees from Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois.  I also have my Ph.D. in Psychology and spent time teaching at Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, Illinois.




Q:  What brought you to Northwest Arkansas?

A:  I had a business opportunity to come to this area where I bought some commercial land and commercial lots to develop.  I also purchased and developed the AQ Chicken Houses at that time.


Q:  How long have you worked with Steve Fineberg & Associates? 

A:  I have worked for the company for about 3.5 years, but I have known Steve since he first came to this area in the late 1990s and we have been friends ever since.  I am lucky to be part of his team.  Steve is an independent hard-working entrepreneur who has carved out a unique niche in commercial real estate in Northwest Arkansas.


Q:  What do you like to do when you aren’t working?

A:  I am a motor home traveler and motorcycle enthusiast.  I also love going to the gym and I have been a racquet ball player for quite some time.


Q:  Where do you like to vacation?

A:  I always head west instead of east.  My favorite states are Colorado and Montana.  I also enjoy Idaho and Southern California.  My wife Shona and I are lucky enough to have a daughter who lives in San Diego, California, so we get the opportunity to go visit her there often.  I have three other daughters scattered in Springfield, Missouri and Kansas City, Missouri and one here in Fayetteville.  We enjoy travelling and spending time with each of our children.
Q:  What are some fun or random facts about yourself?
A:  The first is that I have owned and rode a motorcycle for forty five years and have lived to tell about it.  J  I also have always had a unique interest in architecture and have been fortunate enough to build several custom homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment